Hammerson House Redevelopment
Trustees have approved plans for a major redevelopment of Hammerson House. The redevelopment will bring many benefits to our residents, vastly improve the facilities and allow us to expand our provision of care to better meet the needs of our community.
The redevelopment will begin in 2017 and take up to two years to complete. Although the home will need to close while major works are completed, the result will be an outstanding, state of the art facility that provides the very highest quality of care in the heart of north London.
The project will enable us to provide person-centred care in a building where the physical design and space has been considered with residents’ needs in mind. It will bring a range of benefits and improvements that will have a significant, positive impact on the quality of life of our residents. These include:
· An increase in the capacity of the home, from 85 to 120, so that more people can live at and be part of the Hammerson House family.
· Residents living in households of twenty ensuite bedrooms arranged in homely clusters to support best practice care.
· Improvements to the layout and size of bedrooms, including sight-lines to ensuite bathrooms and space to manoeuvre specialist equipment.
· Dedicated communal space on each floor for socialising, therapies and activities.
· A special Namaste therapy room in every communal space designed specifically for residents living with advanced dementia.
· Interior and exterior redesign, including improved lighting throughout the building, artwork and the provision of a pleasant landscaped garden where residents can enjoy fresh air in attractive surroundings.
The overall impact of the redevelopment will be to raise the quality of accommodation, facilities and appearance of Hammerson House, which is more than 50 years old, up to the high award-winning level already seen at Nightingale House in south London. We have worked with experts and specialist care architects to ensure that the redeveloped home will be truly state-of-the art and provide leading care.
When completed it will be an outstanding facility in the heart of North London and we know that there will be significant demand for this accommodation in light of both its quality and geographical location. Great lengths have been taken to ensure that the building will be able to provide well-proportioned space for residents to live, engage and be cared for.
For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org